Who are we?
Cetome is an independent security consultancy based in London, UK and Lyon, France and operating globally.
What do we do?
We started Cetome with the desire to help our customers around their cyber security challenges. We provide a wide range of services to support them in terms of resources, capabilities or skills.
Who are our customers?
Our customers face security challenges and trust us to evaluate and improve their security posture.
We haved worked with the following customers:
- Manufacturers and users of IoT and Industrial IoT systems
- Critical infrastructure operators and asset owners (energy, transport and healthcare)
- Governments and public sector organisations
- Small and Medium Enterprise looking to improve their security governance
What makes us different?
We tailor our services to your needs
Security is often seen as expensive and reactive: investing in various technologies can create more challenges down the line.
As a consultancy, our main priority is to understand our customers and their business so we can develop appropriate security measures that support them.
You will never receive a long copy/paste report from us, as this would create unacceptable risks in our sectors of expertise.
Our vision of security
- We believe security must support your strategy to reduce your business and operational risks.
- We go beyond the technical aspects of security by adapting our solutions to your organisation, its culture and its processes.
- We believe collaboration is key to make security actionable. We work with all your stakeholders, internal and external, to make security work for them!
- We raise awareness on risks and solutions to better prepare your business and your staff against cyber incidents. We strongly believe that establishing a positive security culture is a great way to improve your security posture.
Our sectors of expertise
At Cetome, we focus our expertise in sectors important to our society. This allows us to develop appropriate security measures.
Our services are adapted to Industrial IoT manufacturers and users, as well as to Operators of Essential Services regulated by the NIS Directive. We have expertise in:
- Transport, with a focus on railway and automotive
- Energy production, distribution and smart metering
- Healthcare and connected health
- Industry 4.0
You can learn more here.
Our research and collaborations
We contribute to securing a better future by investing in research and developing solutions to make security efficient in the light of new threats, emerging technologies and upcoming regulations.
Research and white papers
We publish several white papers for our sectors of expertise. You can access them here.
We are also regularly contributing to academic research.
We collaborate with several expert groups and policy makers across the world to ensure security remains appropriate and realistic for our clients.
Our team is involved in the following initiatives:
Our founder, Dr. Cédric LÉVY-BENCHETON is a recognised expert in security with a focus on critical infrastructure sectors and the Internet of Things. He is expert in strategic advisory and understands the importance of security to protect business objectives. Cédric believes that security must become more proactive to better anticipate upcoming threats.
Previously, Cédric worked at ENISA, the European Union Cyber Security Agency, where he create the areas of Smart Infrastructure and IoT security, the concept of Security for Safety and promoted security-by-design and cooperation. Several of his guidance and recommendations defined key areas of the NIS Directive.
Cédric also led a team of security experts and designed critical networks for public transports. He was also a researcher in telecommunications and has obtained a Ph.D. in Telecommunications from University Lyon in 2011. He has been a keynote speaker in high-profile conferences and has several publications in cyber security.