Cetome is an independent security consultancy based in London, UK and Lyon, France and operating globally. We work with organisations where security is important and that need to tackle several challenges in terms of resources, capabilities or skills. Most of our clients have an international presence and 250+ staff.
We help improve the way you do security!
We noticed that security is often seen as a burden: it is often expensive, and colleagues tend to avoid it because it has a negative impact on their work. We also noticed that too often, security relies on technologies that introduce more issues.
We started Cetome with the desire to help you do the right thing at the right time! Your organisation is certainly already doing security. Yet, it may need more structure and formalism to make sure you are protected appropriately across the entire organisation. For that purpose, we developed a robust and proven methodology to identify what you already have, understand how you work and help you reach your security objectives with less effort.
Cetome is your trusted security advisor.
What makes us different?
We created Cetome in 2017 after exchanging with several IoT manufacturers and operators of essential services, who were not seeing any value in security after doing countless of penetration tests and acquiring expensive technologies. They also found that the recommendations they received from external consultants were not very usable, with long reports, rehashed content, and IT controls that would not work in their domains (IoT and OT security have their own specificities)!
At Cetome, our mission is to support you do the right thing at the right time to secure a better future.
We do this by delivering consultancy services using our proven methodology:
- We believe security must support your corporate strategy to reduce your business and operational risks. We adapt security to your needs, identify quick wins, highlight existing good practices and bad practices.
- We go beyond the technical aspects of security by adapting our solutions to your organisation, its culture and its processes. You will not receive a 200 pages report that is unusable.
- We believe collaboration is key to protect your priorities and improve your security posture. We work with all your stakeholders, internal and external, to make security work for them!
- We raise awareness on risks and solutions to better prepare your business and your staff against cyber incidents. We strongly believe that establishing a positive security culture is a great way to improve your security posture.
Our domains of expertise
At Cetome, our security expertise allows us to adapt security to your needs. For that purpose, we believe in adapting existing and upcoming standards, frameworks, and guidance to select the most appropriate good practices that will protect your organisation and help you fulfil your security requirements.
We have developed two core domains of expertise to bring you a real difference against our competitors:
- Internet of Things and Industrial IoT. In particular, we adapt our work to the requirements of critical Infrastructure such as public transport, automotive, energy, healthcare, and industry 4.0.
- EU Regulations with the NIS Directive, the EU Cybersecurity Act, the GDPR. Our expertise allows us to capitalise on your existing security effort and prioritise your next steps while avoiding any duplication effort.
Our research and collaborations
We contribute to securing a better future by investing in research and developing solutions to make security efficient in the light of new threats, emerging technologies and upcoming regulations. We collaborate with several expert groups and policy makers across the world to ensure security remains appropriate and realistic for our clients. We also invest in dissemination to increase awareness on these topics and enhance the adoption of good security practices.
Our team is involved in the following initiatives:
Our founder, Dr. Cédric LÉVY-BENCHETON is a recognised expert in security with a focus on critical infrastructure sectors and the Internet of Things. He is expert in strategic advisory and understands the importance of security to protect business objectives. Cédric believes that security must become more proactive to better anticipate upcoming threats.
Previously, Cédric worked at ENISA, the European Union Cyber Security Agency, where he create the areas of Smart Infrastructures and IoT security, the concept of Security for Safety and promoted security-by-design and cooperation. Several of his guidance and recommendations defined key areas of the NIS Directive.
Cédric also led a team of security experts and designed critical networks for public transports. He was also a researcher in telecommunications and has obtained a Ph.D. in Telecommunications from University Lyon in 2011. He has been a keynote speaker in high-profile conferences and has several publications in cyber security.