This training clarifies the definition of a penetration test (or pentest). A penetration test is a security risk assessments that is important to identify existing vulnerabilities.
Yet, they are not a silver-bullet solution. Having a strong understanding on the different types of pentest will allow to optimise the return on investment and avoid insecure environment.
Note that there is no “hacking” nor programming involved.
- Understand the different “flavours” of a penetration test, or security assessment.
- Know when to perform a penetration test
- Express the security requirements for a penetration test
- Manage a penetration test and its risks on the operational environment
- Understand the results of a penetration test
- Integrate the results of a penetration test into your security
- What is a pentest?
- The different types of pentests
- Application, Mobile, Network, Hardware, Social engineering, source code review, physical, social engineering
- The difference between “red team” and penetration test
- Deciding a pentest
- When to do a pentest
- When NOT to do a pentest
- White box vs Black box
- In production vs Test environment
- Third-party provider vs internal team
- Managing a pentest
- Defining the requirements
- Setting up the environment
- Ensuring a successful test
- Integrate the results of a penetration test
- Next steps
- How to gain benefits from multiple pentests
- What to do beyond a security assessment
To receive a quote or to register, please contact us.