The NIS Directive brings new obligations to operators of essential services. It defines their role to prevent and report cyber incidents, with specific liabilities. The NIS Directive is as important as the GDPR and applies to a wide range of sectors that are critical to our society.
This awareness session is ideal for Chief Information Security Officers, safety and security managers, GRC and security experts, and infrastructure managers.
In this 1-day awareness session, participants will learn about the NIS Directive and its requirements. The session explains how to assess the current readiness level, and how to develop a roadmap towards compliance. You will understand the security requirements for the NIS Directive based on ENISA guidelines and the UK NCSC Cyber Assessment Framework, and better understand the expectations behind the security requirements of the NIS Directive.
- Understand the requirements of the NIS Directive
- Understand the impact on business processes and on the corporate strategy
- Be aware of the risks related to third-parties
- Be able to assess the preparedness level to the NIS Directive
- Be able to identify critical assets
- Be able to define security priorities and a compliance roadmap
- Understand the importance of communication and cooperation
- Identify the roles, responsibilities and accountabilities across the business
- Know how to handle a security incidents, including incident response, reporting to authorities and post-mortem
- Become more proactive towards security with threat intelligence and information sharing
- Introduction to the NIS Directive and explain why it exists
- The obligations of the NIS Directive
- Introduction to Security for Safety
- Security risks of third-parties
- Knowing where we stand
- How to reach compliance?
- A list of security measures to comply with the NIS Directive (high-level requirements)
- Focus on the roles and accountabilities
- Implementing an effective incident handling process
- Move from a reactive towards a proactive security with a continuous improvement process
To receive a quote or to register, please contact us.